ABS 3D Printing Filamentbillyboyclyde
When using ABS filament.
Please note these tips are not in any order, if you wish to submit a tip or trick you can do so at the bottom of this page.
- Always use ABS filament in a well ventilated room.
- Remember ABS uses a higher temperature to print than PLA roughly between 215-250 degrees C.
- Make sure you use a heated platform when using ABS or a liberal coating of hairspray is good if you have an acrylic build plate.
- Always keep your filament dry (use the sealed bag we provide if you purchase from us) when not in use.
- You can also use a thin layer of super glue or masking tape if using a cold build plate.
- Some customers have used an ABS slurry, using just a very thin layer on a bed of kapton tape to hold down that print!
- Be careful when switching from Kapton tape to Blue Painters tape or vice versa, both tapes will remove the layer before it when trying to remove.
- When printing large flat surfaced objects make sure you set your software to create a “raft” prior to printing your object and if your using slic3r software click here.
- From our friends at Makerbot read this
Would you like to add your own tip, then just submit your comment below and we will add it to the list. Thank you