AzureFilm PAHT Carbon Fiber 1.75mm 500gms
AzureFilm PAHT Carbon Fiber 1.75mm 500gms
£40.00 £48.00 inc. VAT £43.20 inc. VAT £40.00 £48.00 inc. VAT £43.20 inc. VAT
Made in EU, high quality Carbon, beautiful clear prints, no stringing, no warping, no clogging. Compatible with majority of professional and industrial FDM 3D printers.
- What is PLA?
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
AzureFilm PAHT CF is the easiest to print polyamide (PA6) based formula containing carbon fibers that you will be able to find on the market, with the ability to be printable on non-heated chamber machines. The material is tough and has excellent abrasion resistance, fatigue endurance, good chemical resistance, high strength, and rigidity. Besides having excellent tensile and impact strength material compound allows short continuous use up to 160°C (Lifetime max. 200h). Material is fully compatible with soluble supports such as PVA, BVOH, PVOH and fully compatible with breakaway supports such as HIPS. Its water uptake takes about 4 times longer to reach the saturation point compared to unmodified PA6 and it has a saturation point 5 times lower than conventional PA6 materials. The thickness of fibers inside it’s ranging from 0.4mm-0.6mm that’s why the nozzle diameter has to be > 0.6mm.
Fiber-reinforced composites offer exceptional mechanical properties. In addition to typical composite driving factors such as fiber orientation, fiber volume, and way of stacking, scientists have found out that printing parameters such as infill density, nozzle speed, layer thickness, nozzle type, infill pattern, built orientation, bed temperatures have shown to influence mechanical properties.
- Extremely smooth surface finish allows printability of functional prototypes
- Since it has exceptional mechanical properties it can be used for various fixtures, tooling, composite moulds for various manufacturing processes, or self-use
- In general, its lightweight, is key advantage for weight reduction, without losing performance-grade strength
- Compared to PLA, ABS, PETG, or even other Carbon reinforced materials it can withstand significantly higher temperatures. Service temperature is enhanced up to 160°C (Lifetime max. 200h)
- Continuous service temperature 120°C
- The high stiffness of the fibers themselves allows 3D printed parts to maintain their shape under high stress
Significant advantages of AzureFilm PAHT CF filaments:
- Cost-effective – since we are using chopped-up carbon fibers there is a significant reduction in production length, allowing us to make our material cost friendly for any customer
- Higher temperature resistance up to 160°C
- More dimensional stability – Chopped carbon fibers are extremely strong and not only give high strength and stiffness but also help prevent shrinking as the part is in the cooling down faze
Requirements to work with PAHT CF filaments:
- Heated print bed
- Hardened nozzle – Due to its abrasive structure, the filament will wear down standard brass nozzle over a short period of time. A abrasion-resistant nozzle is required for this type of filament. Since those types of nozzles tend to be less conductive than standard nozzles, usually higher extruder temperatures are recommended
- Heated filament chamber (optional) – Having the filament always in a dry place, with working temp. ready is an optional thing to ensure a consistently controlled environment for the best product quality
- Closed environment (optional) – Ensuring a consistent controlled environment is a very important factor that allows the better end-class quality of the product although this filament has the ability to be 3D printed on non-heated chamber machines
- Nozzle temperature: 270 – 290°C
- Heated bed: recommended 90-120°C
- Print speed: 40 – 60 mm/s
- Layer height: 0,2 mm
- Nozzle dimension: 0,6 mm
- Build platform: Blue tape, Kapton tape, glass bed + Dimafix spray
PLA is easy to print, at low cost. Non-toxic and Eco friendly. A perfect starting point for people new to 3D printing.
PLA is created from all-natural renewable resources, and under the correct conditions, is fully biodegradable. This material is typically used for prototypes or decorative prints; Due to the low temperatures and ease of use, features tend to print sharper and more detailed. Its non-toxic nature means that it can be printed for food and medical applications if done so from a sterile and sanitized environment.
However, PLA prints are prone to snapping and breaking under pressure, and become damaged and discolored from high temperatures and prolonged exposure to sunlight or water.
Used for: Design prototypes, Plastic Cups, Medical Implants, Food containers.
|Dimensions||225 × 225 × 70 mm|
|Filament spool weight|