3DXTech CARBONX CF-PEEK Black 1.75mm 500gms
3DXTech CARBONX CF-PEEK Black 1.75mm 500gms
£233.44 £280.13 inc. VAT £252.12 inc. VAT £233.44 £280.13 inc. VAT £252.12 inc. VAT
PEEK is one of the highest performance thermoplastics ever invented. It is used in some of the most demanding applications such as seals, gears, bushings, bearings, and pump & compressor components.
- What is PEEK/PEKK?
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
CarbonX CF-PEEK 3D Printing Filament
CarbonX Carbon Fiber Reinforced PEEK 3D Filament
CarbonX CF-PEEK is one of the premier polymers in FFF/FDM 3D Printing. Made using 10% high-modulus chopped carbon fibre for exceptional stiffness, strength, and dimensional stability.
PEEK is one of the highest performance thermoplastics ever invented. It is used in some of the most demanding applications such as seals, gears, bushings, bearings, pump & compressor components. Industries such as Auto, Aerospace, Defence, Semi-conductor, and Oil/Gas depend on PEEK for applications where failure is not an option.
CarbonX PEEK Properties Include:
- Superior Mechanical Properties, especially at elevated temperatures
- Excellent Chemical Resistance
- Low Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion (CTE)
- Near Zero Moisture Absorption
- Low smoke and toxic gas emissions
PEEK has an excellent resistance to hydrolysis in boiling water and superheated steam (sterilisation/autoclave) at temperatures in excess of 250?C (482?F).
PEEK+CF10 Thermal Properties:
- Heat Deflection Temperature (HDT) 280°C
- Glass Transition Temperature (Tg) 143°C
- Melt Temperature (Tm) 343°C
CarbonX CF-PEEK is carbon fiber reinforced and abrasive – resulting in high wear on a brass nozzles. We recommend our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles.
Printing with CarbonX PEEK
PEEK has a melt temperature (Tm) of 343?C, therefore, you will need an all-metal extruder capable of reaching (and holding) temps upwards of 400?C or more depending on your specific printer. Every printer / slicer is different and you will need to tinker a bit to find a process that works for you. One of the more difficult aspects of printing with PEEK was getting it to stick to the build plate. The best material we found was Ultem? PEI sheet or tape.
Here are our recommendations – which should act as a good starting point for you and your particular set-up.
- Extruder Temps: 380 – 410°C
- Bed Temps: 130 – 150°C
- Bed Prep: Ultem? PEI tape or sheet
- Nozzle: We strongly recommend a 0.4mm orifice or larger using Hardened steel Nozzles
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fibre grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
Please note – PEEK has a tendency to stick to metal (PEEK loves metal). Please make sure to purge out your extruder before it cools down or you run the risk permanent clogs. Seriously – we know this first hand.
Recommended Printing Experience
- Novice: A beginner using an entry-level 3D printer should have minimal problems using this material
- Intermediate: User has several months of experience with a moderate to high quality printer
- Advanced: User has > 1 year of printing experience and is using a high quality commercial printer
- Expert: User has significant amount of experience and is using a high-performance or heavily modified printer.
These categories are somewhat arbitrary, but come from many years of our own printing experience as well as troubleshooting with customers.
3DXTECH Customer reviews;
This is a High quality PEEK.
We were able to print parts for a hydraulic system using this filament. Our parts can easily hold pressure above 100 bars. Yet we had to modify a printer to make it possible. Without modifications, parts for this and other PEEK were usually broken between 25 and 70 bars.
United Arab Emirates
The Ultimate Material for 3D printing with the strength of metals
Well we got some pointers from 3dxtech on how to print this, best settings for this are 165-175C bed temps (we used 175C) and nozzle temp of 400C with a chamber of 95C.
Bed prep was glue for a small part, bigger parts need a Ultem tape and a good bed leveling, also its a good idea to dry the material before, and use a hard nozzle, we use a super hard alloy of carbide for these kinda materials, the parts came out fantastic and clean and very strong and feels like metal, so if you have a need for performance parts which can take a harsh environment this should be your choice, and with 3Dxtech you can always be assured of the quality and genuineness of the materials, plus their materials are from certified manufacturers or they make them in collaboration and some i believe by themselves, so they are our best reliable supplier of performance materials, and this material adds another feather in their cap.
Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament.
A premier polymer – one of the highest performance thermoplastics ever invented.
PEEK is an ultra-performance filament, ideal for the most demanding functions in Aerospace, Automotive and Electronic applications. This is possible as it has incredible mechanical properties, excellent strength and durability, resistance to corrosion and temperatures, and flame retardancy. It can withstand boiling water and steam.
Printing with this material is very difficult and requires a significant amount of experience in 3D printing. A high quality or heavily modified printer is mandatory.
|Dimensions||210 × 210 × 75 mm|