A lot of people know that 3D Printing can be used for cool props and movie memorabilia and here you can see why, even before it has been printed and painted you can clearly see how much care and attention can go into one of our files.
Get this printed and go WILD!
SLA: 22mm x 98mm x 231mm
Digital file Size:
- Additional information
- Reviews (1)
3D Printed item includes £6.50 + VAT for DPD Next day Service Charge (UK MAINLAND ONLY).
3D Printed Part: Please Note Price is for ONE AXE ONLY.
Knowledge about military technology of the Viking Age (late 8th to mid-11th century Europe) is based on relatively sparse archaeological finds, pictorial representation, and to some extent on the accounts in the Norse sagas and laws recorded in the 14th century.
According to custom, all free Norse men were required to own weapons, as well as permitted to carry them at all times. Indeed, the Hávamál, purported to be sage advice given by Odin, states “Don’t leave your weapons lying about behind your back in a field; you never know when you may need all of sudden your spear.”
As war was the most prestigious activity in Viking Age Scandinavia, beautifully finished weapons were an important way for a warrior to display his wealth and status. A wealthy Viking would likely have a complete ensemble of a spear, a wooden shield, and either a battle axe or a sword. Battle axes were considered the “normal weapon” for middle class vikings. Swords were normally reserved for upper class and nobles. Much poetry was associated with viking weapons. The richest might have a helmet and mail armour; these are thought to have been limited to the nobility and their professional warriors (retainers). Several layers of thick woollen clothing may have been used by poorer warriors. The average farmer was likely limited to a spear, shield, and perhaps a common axe or large knife (seax). Some would also bring their hunting bows (mostly long bow or flat bow) to use in the opening stages of battle.
What is a Digital File?
- A Digital File is a 3D Model file which you can purchase if you would like to print the Model yourself.
Can 3D FilaPrint Ltd print the model for me?
Are items delivered – painted and ready to use?
- No, sorry we do not provide a painted models service yet.
Can I paint the models?
- Yes, you can, for best results always apply Primer first, you can use Acrylic paints or Alcohol based paints.
What sizes do the models come in?
- All 3D model dimensions are provided in the description. Kindly check the sizes before purchasing, if unsure please get in-touch on 01702 611027.
What happens if I require smaller or larger versions of the model?
- We can print models in different sizes depending on your requirement, however that may affect the print cost of the item. Please contact us and we can discuss your requirements.
What Licensing rules do Digital files follow?
- All digital files are Non-Commercial use, if commercial license is required kindly get in-touch on .
Can I Print and display your models online?
- Sure, we would love to see them . If you Tag us in your posts that would be amazing we are @3DFilaPrint on social media.
How quick can I get my Model?
- Digital files are sent instantly on checkout. Physical models are printed on demand and will take 3 to 5 Working days maximum for FDM & SLA prints to dispatch.
What is STL?
- STL (STL has several acronyms such as “Standard Triangle Language” and “Standard Tessellation Language”) It is the digital copy of the model.
What does Rendered Image mean?
- Rendered Images are Computer generated images colour and textures applied to look like a real object.
What is SLA?
- SLA (Stereolithography) is commonly known as liquid resin based 3D Printing. This is a type of 3D Printing Technology which is mainly used for very intricate, super detailed and small prints.
What is FDM?
- FDM (Fused Deposition Modelling) is a type of 3D Printing that uses a thermoplastic filament, which is heated to its melting point and then extruded, layer by layer, to create a three dimensional object.
What colour will the 3D printed item be?
- SLA Prints: by default random colour selected.
- FDM Prints: Basic colours White or Black.
What if i require specific Colour for my FDM printed item?
- Kindly get in-touch with us to confirm the availability of the colour, depending on the colour and brand prices may vary.
What if I require a specific material for my printed item?
- By default we will use the best suited material for the part. If you have a preferred material option, please contact us to discuss 01702 611027 or email@example.com. Depending on the material type and brand the prices may vary.
My question is not listed here?
- Please feel free to get in-touch with us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01702 611027.
|Digital/3D Printed Model|
3D Printed Model (SLA), Digital File Only