Limited Edition Recycled Pink
“Since 2013, Protopasta has valued quality, reliability, and creativity. We seek to reduce waste in our production and build relationships in our community.”
We’ve taken many steps over the years to ensure our commitment to these values. The next phase of this commitment is finally here: Recycled PLA! We’ve collected our high-quality waste stream and turned it into high-quality recycled filament.
- An original, one-of-a-kind Protopasta Recycled PLA filament color
- Made from our very own rescued waste stream
- A unique, rich solid pink with a few sparse glitter bits
- Fully compounded to ensure consistency throughout the batch
- Batch size limited so get it while it lasts – never to be made again
- Designed & produced by Protoplant exclusively for you
- Available in 1.75 & 2.85 (3) mm diameter on a 500g diameter recyclable cardboard spool
- Usable on most PLA-compatible printers, such as Lulzbot, Makerbot, FlashForge, Dremel, Ultimaker, Printrbot, and more!
No abrasive fillers so expect normal wear with standard nozzles.
In our experience, good results were achieved using standard PLA parameters ranging from 195-225C nozzle with standard build surface preparation (blue tape, glue stick, or BuildTak). No heated bed required but up to 60C is okay. Beware, if the bed temperature is too high, your part base could actually heat treat while printing, increasing warping and decreasing adhesion. Some shrinkage will occur in the heat treating process, so dimension critical parts may need to be scaled appropriately (as much as 2.5% in our experience).